What is Industrial IP Advantage?
Industrial IP Advantage is an idea – that manufacturing and industrial companies can build more successful businesses by deploying a secure,
holistic digital communications fabric based on standard, unmodified use of the Internet Protocol. Using Industrial IP, companies can turn
this vision into reality through connectivity that drives better business intelligence, increased profitability and reduced costs.
Industrial IP Advantage is committed to providing you with the information you need to successfully deploy your industrial information
architectures in a way that brings true business value. The information you find here will be:
- Trustworthy – coming from experienced sources that understand the technology and best practices.
- Transparent: always identifying where the information came from and who was behind it.
- Educational: explaining and demonstrating the benefits to industry of standard unmodified Internet Protocol rather than developing new technology or protocols.
- Personalized: geared toward your unique interests, regardless of whether you’re a design engineer, IT manager, operations director or CTO.
- Dynamic: constantly refreshed so that you’ll always have access to the latest thinking and best practices.
- Forward-looking: helping you look ahead to ‘what’s next’ in the industry while at the same time giving you practical resources for implementing solutions today.
Who supports Industrial IP Advantage?
Industrial IP Advantage was established in 2013 by a coalition of like-minded companies who share a vision of an educational community where
best practices, successes and failures can be shared and learned from. We work together on thought leadership and promotion of standard, unmodified
Ethernet and Internet Protocol, together with the leading open industrial Ethernet standard, EtherNet/IP™, along with complementary services that can be used on
standard Ethernet for industrial applications.
Cisco is at the forefront of networking technology and expertise, transforming the way people connect,
communicate and collaborate.
Panduit delivers leading-edge solutions that help customers optimize the physical infrastructure
through simplification, increased agility and operational efficiency.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers
more productive and the world more sustainable.
in cooperation with
Founded in 1995, ODVA is a global consortium whose members are comprised of the world’s leading automation companies. ODVA’s mission is to advance standards for open,
interoperable information and communication technologies in industrial automation. For future interoperability of production systems and the integration of the production
systems with other systems, ODVA embraces the adoption of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and standard, unmodified Internet and Ethernet technologies as a guiding principle
wherever possible. This principle is exemplified by EtherNet/IP™ – ODVA’s leading industrial network based on standard unmodified Ethernet and IP technologies.